Thursday, July 15, 2010

Crested Butte in June

Ok, so I totally slacked off while on project...no blogging happened at all!  But that doesn't mean that we just sat around...now that we're home I've decided to give some updates by the month.  These are some of the things that happened in June..

We sat out on our deck and drank tea with our puffy jackets on...after it snowed.



I just liked these pictures since I hardly ever get a picture of myself with my boys these days...I'm usually the one with the camera in hand!



Mark took Noah on his first backpacking trip.  They hiked up the ski hill and spent the night.  Noah insisted on carrying his own sleeping bag and the stove.  They had a blast and came back really excited!  He's such a trooper...





The 'Chainless Bike Race' in Crested Butte is a crazy fest!  People dress up in wild costumes and deck their bikes out, then take the chain off their bikes and ride down a huge hill (Kebler Pass).  It was one of our outreaches in the community and some of the staff men and even a student decided to participate! 



Just an example of some of the craziness...I decided I would spare you a photo of the naked man and just go with the super hero speedo guy instead. 



Some 'Towney's'...there are probably more bikes in Crested Butte than there are cars.  People ride these 'cruisers' around and call them 'Towneys'.  Finally a place that appreciates our old schwinn cruisers!  I felt right at home. 



The Columbines bloomed...



We ate overpriced ice cream in town....



And one of my personal highlights of the summer...mountain biking the Snodgrass trail with my friend Laura.  During the 'Fat Tire' bike festival week we got to demo these ridiculous bikes for free!!!  So, this is me, mountain biking single track for the first time EVER on a $4,000 bike!  It was quite the experience!





The aspens made it breathtaking!! 



And this is my favorite shot...do you see the guy in the background taking a photo of me?  That's a guy from Mountain Biking magazine taking my picture...in a feild of Lupine on a worldclass mountain biking trail....don't forget the amazing bike I'm riding and that it's my first time...ya..this experience pretty much secured my position as the world's BIGGEST poser!!  We laughed all summer long about this!

2 comments:

  1. I love Noah hanging onto the railing so his pack doesn't pull him over. Nice work on the mountain bike posing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are home already...that flew by for me, and it looks like you all enjoyed every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...