Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Noah!


Happy birthday to Noah!  He turned 4 on February 15th.  It's hard to believe that he's already 4!  He started talking about having his birthday party at Alta this last summer.  Almost every week during the winter the boys head up to Alta (one of our ski areas) and go skiing.  It's great because they have a great deal - it's free after 3pm...that's my kinda price!  Anyway, it's perfect becuase the Sunnyside lift stays open until 4:30, pretty much the perfect amount of time for a 4 and 6 year old to practice their stuff.  Mark has been taking the boys since Jack was about 3 - he's braver than me!  Needless to say, they are both great little skiers.  The only thing we need now is some good ski buddies for them.  That's why we agreed with Noah, that would be an ideal place for his birthday party! 



Being a mom of all boys, I find ways to get a little crafty here and there.  There aren't any ruffles in our household, unless they're on me:)  So, when a birthday comes around I like to indulge in some creativity.  This year I made some super fun party hats out of scrapbook paper (around here that's about all it gets used for...I'm a horrible scrapbooker!).  A space/airplane theme emerged when I found some Paul Frank party stuff on sale at Target (I'm a total sucker for monkeys - strange I know). 

One of my favorite things to do for my kid's parties is put together the little favor bags.  I LOVE putting little gift packages and sets together.  This year I made the gift bags out of some felt I had sitting around.  I appliqued little planets on the front and put some ribbon handles on.  They were stuffed full of goodies like parachutte army men, gel stickers, die cast cars etc.  The best part was NO candy!:) 


We ate pizza and french fries....in honor of Noah's skiing techniques!  The funny part was it didn't dawn on him until we were headed home, when he said "Hey!  We make pizzas and french fries with our skis and that's what we ate at my party!!".  That's right buddy! 


These guys drew quite a bit of attention as they headed down the mountain with their party helmets!  It was a great day overall.  All the parents were thrilled, most of the kids had never skied before and no one (seriously - no one) had a meltdown or even a sad face!!  Oh, I forgot to mention it was almost in the 60's!!  When we got home, our temperature gauge at the house read 65 degrees...unbelieveable.  We couldn't have asked for a better day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...