Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I guess I'm a cluster blogger. I like to make a bunch of posts in one day and then take forever to post again. I'm not sure that anyone really reads this anyway so maybe it doesn't matter! So tomorrow is supposed to be cold (like there's actually a good chance that it might snow tomorrow night!). Today it was in the mid 80's so I'm having a hard time believing it. Mark spent today prepping with enthusiasm...in his mind it could be eternal winter and he would be as happy as a clam. He swept the chimney and chopped wood. He even took some kindling to our neighbor who loans us his chimney sweep and other stove equipement all the time. He was talking with even more enthusiasm about his upcoming hunting trip. I guess it is that time of year.

He didn't have meetings this morning and so while the boys went to preschool he and I had a date! We went and had hot chocolate at our favorite chocolate place (anyone from SLC can you guess??). Yes, it was in the mid 80's like I mentioned before. In fact the store wasn't open until 11 and we arrived at 10 so we went for a walk (or waddle in my case). It was a nice break and we hardly ever get to do that sort of thing! Otherwise I've spent much of my time the past few days thinking about sleeping, wishing I could sleep and looking on with envy as my family sleeps peacefully. I've banished myself to the couch becuase anytime I lay down I start to cough. I have a smoker's cough (so does Noah). I can't even imagine if I really was a smoker, how aweful.

Our fall retreat was last weekend and I've heard lots of encouraging things about it. One of the girls up north got baptized! The speaker was a pastor from India and I guess he was really great. I was disappointed to not go, but after years of braving it, I decided of all times in my life to stay home this was it. The boys and I spent the day on Saturday at Walmart instead...sounds uneventful but with those two nothing ever is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...