Saturday, July 11, 2009

So, the kids have been involved in a number of things while we've been here. Jack has had soccer, pirate camp, and now swim lessons. Noah just plays at the playground while he's waiting. It's turned out to be a pretty good summer for them afterall! We've also done a fair bit of hiking and climbing as a family. Two of our hikes were fruitless searches for new climbing spots. It's funny how history has a way of repeating itself...for some reason I don't learn my lesson and I keep going on these 'adventures'. The second time I finally decided to read the directions from the climbing book myself once we got about a mile into the hike (I had been told that it would only be about 200 yards total)...it turned out to be a 2 mile hike with a 1/2 mile scramble to the base of the summit. That didn't sound like fun with my two kids and a bunch of other people in tow...so we turned around and just went out to coffee. A much better option:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...