Saturday, July 11, 2009

Climbing Programs



So, this summer Mark and I have coached the 'climbing' team. Mark has taken the lead as the climbing guru for our project (he's the only one certified this summer) and I have gotten to be a belay slave:) It's been so fun to watch our students grow in so many ways. Each week we'd take them out and do programs that our other staff members wrote for climbing. I love this project becuase we get to see people actually change over such a short period of time. I have total confidence that they will leave here changed and more mature in their walk with the Lord. The growth has been really apparent this summer and I love to hear their deeper understanding of who they are in Christ coming out in discussions like the one pictured.

Have you ever seen such a pear shaped climber? My harness has fit sideways all summer long...it just doesn't lay right. Pretty funny looking:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...